Translate

5/7/12

Strawberry Lemonade and Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

Strawberry Lemonade sounded good to me.  I had seen some photos and thought I would whip some up for Sunday dinner.  Happily I always have lemons so I squeezed 5 and sliced one.  Next I added 1 C. of sugar to a pretty half gallon glass pitcher.  As I poured the lemon juice into the sugar and stirred I wondered if I would be able to wait till dinner time to enjoy a glass?

After I hulled 2 C. of ripe berries I brought on the heavy equipment!  HA HA!  The stick blender and proceeded to mush up the berries into a fragrant puree.  I poured this into the lemon mixture, added water to the top and stirred well.  Lastly I garnished with fresh berries and lemon slices. Pretty as a picture and oh so tasty.

Have you seen the crock pot liners in the grocery stores?? I have to admit I hate the clean up on the crock pot.  Even the ones that have the removable pot.  I don't know why, I just do.  Anyway I love the liners and have used them lots of times and did again for this Mac and Cheese.  You just pitch the liner and wipe the crock pot down when cooled, so much nicer.

This is my second recipe for Crock Pot Mac and Cheese as I HATE to turn on the oven on a hot day when the air conditioning is running unless I have enough going on to fill it up.  (THE OVEN) 

It is so handy to use this when everything else is on the grill or on the stove top.  The inspiration for this one was Tricia Yearwood as she featured on a recent episode on TV. 

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese II ingredients:

8 oz. macaroni cooked and drained
1/2 C. butter
1 1/2 2% milk
1 can evaporated milk
10 oz. Velveeta cheese cut into dice
10 oz. cheddar cheese shredded
1/2 t. dry mustard
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/8 t. paprika
2 beaten eggs

Place the liquids and butter into the bottom of the crock pot.  Add the macaroni, seasonings, beaten eggs, and half of the cheese and mix well.   Top with the remaining cheese and cook on low heat for 3 hours.  Stir occasionally. 


No comments: