Translate

6/20/13

"Getting Old Is Not for Sissy's", and A Prayer of Thanksgiving.

Brian's Dad, had a favorite saying since the first time that I met him, Getting old is not for sissy's." he would say with a twinkle in his eye!  So, when very good things come our way as we get older I feel so very Blessed and I think of Paul. 

Yes, there have been 2 little miracles at our house in recent days.  The first was the discovery of Dr. Mike Boyd.  He is a knee and hip surgeon in Evansville, Ind. that my friend and Chiropractor Dr. Jane Hormouth recommended.  I visited him on Tuesday June 4th fully expecting a recommendation of a knee replacement.  After two thorough examinations and a full explanation with options I received injections in both knees and have had no pain since then.

It was quite stunning to wake up at 2:00 A.M. on Wednesday morning June 5th to go to the bathroom and jump out of bed like I was 30 years old!!  To Sashay down the hall like a spring chicken, to hop up from the commode like a bunny, and to do so without event a hint of pain.  I fly up and down the stairs almost.  Well, I have to admit by the end of the day when I am a bit tired I don't exactly fly....but first thing in the morning look out!

This is projected to last for 3-6 months when I call and go back for a "do-again".  I can only pray it works out as thought!


The second is a nice surprise we got upon learning the VA was recommending a hearing aid for Brian.  (His hearing loss is not extreme but of the higher level tones.)  Was that the hearing aid came in, was fitted Monday, and really does actually work and work well!  My Dad's did not after having spent thousands of dollars,  Grandma Powell complains of problems with hers all of the time.  Uncle Gene has not had success either.

So thinking about it I don't think we have ever known of a soul who had success with their hearing aid.  Not until this week anyway.  The process started a few months ago with a referral by the VA and the appliance after being selected and fitted was worn all day Monday and every day since with out a single problem.  Brian can talk on the phone without it's buzzing, a common complaint.  It is almost weightless and does not so far bother him to wear.

When he came home with it I could not even see the thing!!  I really had to specifically look rather intently to find it.  This model sits behind his ear and has the tiniest clear soft tube, well almost a wire,  come down into the ear canal.   So there go the "didn't hear you excuses!"  The TV is turned lower and I will have to speak more softly after having had to turn up my volume to be heard.  It has been a good week.


I offer a prayer of thanksgiving:
Heavenly Father we thank You for this day and the may blessing You have bestowed upon us.  We thank You especially because as You have told us in Philip, chapter 4, verse 6.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.  We are grateful that God has heard and answered-all is in His hands.  In Jesus name we pray. A-men.



No comments: