Translate

8/11/15

Everything Cookies from the Pioneer Woman are Delicious! They are a GREAT BREAKFAST COOKIE!

I  was channel surfing,  saw these drop cookies being made with dried cherries,  dried apricots, and pecans, then could not resist looking up the recipe!  So after tuning onto Ree Drummond's  portion of "foodtv" I gave them a try and we all loved them.  Crisp on the outside and chewy within.  Yum!  Six dozen cookies disappeared in no time.

One of the things I love about these is they might just as well be called breakfast cookies with the variety of good for you ingredients packed into them.  In fact I have enjoyed them very much with my cup of coffee first thing in the A.M.   Oh yes, I did a bit of adapting....

Ingredients for Everything Cookies:

3 sticks room temperature butter (1 1/2 cups)  I USED HALF BUTTER HALF COCONUT OIL.
2 C. firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 T. vanilla
4 large whole eggs 
4 heaping cups flour  MINE WERE MORE WELL ROUNDED.
4 t. baking soda
1 t. kosher salt
3 C. granola  I USED SWISS GRANOLA WITH HAZELNUTS FROM SAM'S CLUB.
1 heaping cup oats  I USED OLD FASHIONED.
1 1/2  C. rough chop dried apricots
1 C. rough chop dried sour cherries (You can use sweet if you prefer.)
1 C. rough chop pecans
1/2 C. golden raisins  I USED DARK RAISINS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I HAD ON HAND.

Optional:  Sugar for dipping cookie scoop into between dips of the dough.  This keeps the dough from sticking in the scoop and lends a further crisping to the finished cookie.

Cream the butter/and or coconut oil and sugars.  Add the vanilla and eggs,  Next the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Add the granola and oats.  Mix well and stir in the fruit and nuts.

Refrigerate the dough 2 hours until firm, I often leave it overnight in a big plastic sack.  Ree Drummond does NOT do this but I like a taller cookie and it is much easier for me to make uniform sizes with a stiffer batter but it is not mandatory.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Prepare the pans with parchment paper or silpat mats.

Using a cookie scoop or two spoons drop onto the prepared pans leaving 2" between the cookies.  Bake for 12-14 minutes until firm.  I BAKED 13 MINUTES.  Cool a few minutes in the pans before removing to finish cooling.  This recipe yielded me 6 dozen cookies.  As Ree Drummond says, " Eat , and feel "unguilty" because there's no chocolate in this cookie."  I love it!

I packed into large plastic zipper bags and plastic bins with tight fitting lids.


5 comments:

Jeannette said...

How can you eat them if they are packed away in tins and zip locks?

Unknown said...

Good one Jeannette! I try to hide them too but that doesn't work either!

Angela Schofield said...

I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
Spring cleaning Bondi Junction
End of lease cleaning Caddens

Unknown said...

Good article. Will read more soon. urgent electrician

Sumit Roy said...

Really very nice blog. Check this also
Nurses For Private Duties In Malviya Nagar, Saket
Baby Care Service In Malviya Nagar, Saket
Patient Care Service In Malviya Nagar, Saket