Translate

9/10/15

Crispy Fried Zucchini Patties with Horseradish Sauce

I have several zucchini to use from the bottom of my refrigerator so tonight this is my vegetable side dish.  I have gotten to really like a bigger variety of zucchini sides.  Used to be we all just made zucchini bread!  No more!  This is my adaptation of Trisha Yearwood's Zucchini cakes.

Ingredients for Crispy Fried Zucchini Patties:

3 C. shredded zucchini
2 C. bread crumbs
1/3 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 t. finely chopped fresh basil
2 t.  finely chopped garlic
2 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper
4 large eggs
1/2 C. buttermilk

1/3 C. vegetable oil for frying

I shred the zucchini an hour or two ahead and salt with 1 t. of the salt in a colander in the sink.  I leave it to drain for a crisper finished product.

Mix the wet ingredients (eggs and buttermilk)  in a medium bowl and whisk together.  Using a larger bowl stir together all of the remaining ingredients.  Pour the buttermilk and egg mixture into the larger bowl of the zucchini mixture and stir well.

Using a heavy skillet heat the oil over medium high heat.  Form into patties using a 1/4 cup measure and fry until golden on both sides, 4-5 minutes.  Drain on paper towels.

Ingredients for Horseradish Sauce:

1 1/2 C. sour Cream
1/4 C. buttermilk
2-3 T. horseradish
pinch of red pepper flakes

Stir all of the ingredients together and serve along side hot and Crispy Fried Zucchini Patties!


Silly me forgot to take pictures but these are too tasty not to add to our recipe collection!


1 comment:

Jeannette said...

It is finally cool enough I might consider cooking again and I too....have zucchini. Thanks for the recipe.