Translate

5/12/15

Spicy Shrimp and Zucchini Dinner for Two in 6 Minutes!

Adding the Sriracha makes the shrimp a bit pinker and with the sweetness of the zucchini it is delicious!
You sometimes want a really good really tasty meal in just a few minutes!  This is my favorite "Quick Fix" meal and everyone I have tested it on has really liked it.  My family has no hesitation in giving me the real deal opinion which is usually followed by much ribbing if it is a thumbs down...which is certainly NOT the case with this prize!  I am starting a new category with this dish called Quick Fix Meals.

My favorite hot sauce currently is Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce and I use it in this dish but you can use the hot sauce of tour choice and vary the amount to your liking.  I am giving you the version we really like.  Actually you could serve this to four by adding a dinner salad and bread. Dessert is optional.  My versions fills up two very hungry adults!

Ingredients for Spicy Shrimp and Zucchini Dinner in 6 Minutes:

8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti (usually cooks in 6 minutes)
1 T. salt to season the water for boiling pasta
2-3 quarts boiling water
1 pound fresh or thawed, shelled, cleaned and de-veined shrimp
2 small zucchini ends removed and sliced in half long ways then cut into 1/2 " pieces
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot chili sauce
black pepper
1/2 C. pasta water from the spaghetti cooking pot

Salt and bring a kettle of water to boil for the spaghetti.  Add and start timing when the pot returns to a boil.

Add the butter to a saute pan and add the zucchini and black pepper,  stir fry for 2 minutes.  Add the shrimp and cook until opaque and the zucchini is tender crisp. About 3 minutes.

Adding a bit of starchy pasta water gives the sauce a "just right" touch!
Add the hot sauce and the pasta water.  Reduce the shrimp to lowest simmer to keep warm while you drain the pasta.

Toss the drained pasta and shrimp mixture together and serve!  Wait for praise!  It works here!

There would be no issue in doubling or tripling this dish, just allow a few  minutes more cooking time.

1 comment:

Angela Schofield said...

Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
Spring cleaning Waterloo
End of lease cleaning Mosman