Translate

7/1/15

Good and Easy Basic Stir Fry Sauce with Options

Stir fry supper from the vegetable drawer with chicken and beef.
This sauce is adapted from one I had seen on food.com and made my own as you too can do!  Just tweak it to suite what's in your families taste and what is in your refrigerator.  Last night I rummaged through my vegetable drawer and came up with celery, carrots, red onion, 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, zuchinni, a sweet red pepper, and garlic.  There was about 1/2 pound of chicken and a pound of sliced steak I had left uncooked from our Sunday night fondue.  When stir fried and combined with this easy sauce it became a great dinner for two.  I did not make a starch because it made plenty of veggies and meat for a meal!

Ingredients for Basic Stir Fry Sauce:

1/4 C. soy sauce
1 1/4 C. water
1 T. grated fresh ginger  (I always keep this on hand in my freezer and it grates easily frozen.)
2 cloves fresh minced garlic
1 t. sesame oil
4 t. cider vinegar
1 T. sugar
2 T. dry sherry or 2 T. rice wine
3 T. cornstarch

You may want to try adding:
 
pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
juice of a lime, optional
pinch of cilantro, optional
1-2 t. peanut butter, optional

Combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT the cornstarch.  Whisk together in a large 2-4 cup measuring cup or bowl.  Place the cornstarch in a small dish.  Saute the meats and vegetables you have chosen. Just before it is time to add the sauce whisk in the cornstarch and cook together until thickened.  Serve hot!

You may also want to try adding an optional ingredient.  I added the red pepper flakes.








1 comment:

Asianmeals said...

this is really good information for stir fry sauce dish lovers