Translate

9/14/10

Macaroni and Tomato Salad

My sister Linda always makes the best macaroni salad and when I asked her about it she said the recipe was in a 1978 Church cookbook Mother had gotten all  of us as a gift one year.  The name of it is "Cooking With Big Love, A cookbook from Christ Lutheran Church, Noblesville, In. 1978."

I was inspired and my adaptation goes like this:



2 C. uncooked pasta cook per pkg. directions 
4 hard cooked eggs, chopped
1/3 C. sweet pickles chopped
1/3 C. sweet onion chopped
2 large stalks celery chopped
1 t. yellow mustard
1 C. mayonnaise
1/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. vinegar
1 1/2-2 C. cherry tomatoes* optional

Using a large bowl combine the cooked and chilled pasta, eggs and vegetables.  Combine the mustard, mayo, sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl or large measuring cup and whisk together to make the dressing.  Pour the dressing onto the pasta and veggies and add salt and pepper to taste.  Serve well chilled and plated on greens to your liking.

Note*  The cherry tomatoes are a great addition and were added because I have a ton of them!!   I am thinking dried tomatoes from my garden broken and added would be a great treat for this winter.

No comments: