Translate

11/20/10

Hot Buttered Rum

Our oldest son Chris arrived for Christmas a few years back with this goodie made up and a bottle of good rum.  I was a happy cook that year let me tell you!!!  I just love this when it gets cold outside.  In fact I am cold right now.  It must be time!!  I do not know where he got this recipe for sure.  I think it may have been from Emorel LeGassi on The Food Channel, but again I don't know why I think that as I don't recall if he ever said.  We will give him credit just in case.

Anyway here is what you need:



1 stick soft butter
2 C. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
pinch of cloves
pinch of salt
bottle of Dark Rum
Boiling water

Cream together in a bowl the first 6 ingredients until well combined.  Refrigerate until ready to use in an airtight container.  To mix using small  mugs spoon 2 T. butter mixture into each mug.  Pour about 3 oz. (6 Tablespoons) of dark rum into each mug.  This should fill the mug about 1/2 way.  Fill the remaining half with freshly boiling water.  Stir well ans serve with a cinnamon stick.  If you are using larger mugs than the example cites adjust the amounts.
NOTE: 1 oz. = 2 T.

No comments: