Translate

2/6/12

Herb and Dill Dip for Veggies or Chips

Don't you just love a "find"????  I do.  That is what this dip is.  My sister Linda makes it and she gave me her recipe which I am now sharing with you.  What makes it so great in my mind anyway is first it TASTES GOOD!! then it is EASY, and last but certainly not least is that I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE A TRIP TO THE STORE!!  All of the ingredients are things I already have in my cabinet and refrigerator.  I really like it as well or better than the buy an envelope and mix it up stuff!!

So here are the ingredients:

2 C. good mayonnaise
1 C. sour cream
1 1/2 t accent ***(I don't use this, but the recipe calls for it so I'll call it optional.)
2 1/2 t. seasoned salt  (We use Lowery's.)
2 1/2 t. dill weed
1 1/4 t. Worcestershire Sauce
2 1/2 T. dried onion
2 1/2 T. dried parsley flakes
4-5 drops of Tabasco sauce

Mix this all together using a whisk until smooth then cover and refrigerate to let the flavors marry.  At least a few hours or overnight.....you don't want to hurry a marriage you know.  Best if done on it's own sweet time.  Enjoy with crisp vegetables, crackers, or anything else you like to dip in a savory concoction.

No comments: