Translate

8/1/14

ZUCCHINI RECIPIES I ADORE: Oven Zucchini Fries with Horsradish Dipping Sauce, PLUS Zucchini Spagetti with Quick Spicy Shrimp

Zucchini Fries, Chopped Steak, Tomatoes, ans Horseradish Dipping Sauce.
I love these things and could have them every day!  The recipes and my lazy steps make clean up easy too.  I made them last year but must not have posted them as I didn't find them upon looking.  Shame on me for not sharing sooner!  I am zucchini crazy this year.

I made the Spicy Shrimp with Zucchini spaghetti last week but failed to photograph.  I will add pictures soon as it wad so good I have already purchased the shrimp to make it again.  Brian loved it!

This Asian Mandolin has a Julianne Blade.
Before cooking Zucchini Spaghetti.
I only boil 1 1/2-2 minutes and wonder about trying in the microwave!
Directions for Zucchini Spaghetti:

My first "zucchini discovery" is to use the Julianne blades on my mandolin on zucchini making long spaghetti strands with it.  Just be sure to trim off the ends and remove and blemishes before Julienning.   Then I just plunge the strands into salted rapidly boiling water for 2 minutes and drain.  Top with my Spicy Shrimp and enjoy!  Two medium zucchini will serve 2 adults.

This looks and tastes terrific.
Ingredients for Spicy Shrimp:

1 pound raw peeled and de-veined shrimp
2-3 T. olive oil  (can use part butter)
1 1/2 t. hot sauce
4-6 T. of the vegetable cooking water
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the shrimp until no longer translucent, just a minute or two.  Add the hot sauce and veggie water and stir cooking a minute or two to form a sauce.  Season to taste and spoon over a dist of zucchini spaghetti.   Serves 2 adults deliciously!

Delicious Zucchini Fries made in the oven.
Ingredients For Oven Zucchini Fries:

2-3 zucchini cut into 3" sticks about 1/4" in diameter: place in colander with 1-1 1/2 t, salt, toss and let drain in the sink for 1/2-1 hour before starting the recipe
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 C. Panko (Oriental Bread Crumbs)
1/3-1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese grated
1/3-1/2 C. flour
Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.  Cover a half sheet pan with parchment paper then spray well with cooking spray and set aside.

Using Parchment Paper and Cooking Spray makes for a fast clean up!
Shake off liquid from the zucchini.  Combine the Panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and flour and whisk to blend.   Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg and then toss with the crumbs.  Place close but not touching in the prepared pan.  When the pan is full spray the breaded zucchini with cooking spray and place into the preheated oven.  Set the timer for 20 minutes.  After 20 minutes turn the zucchini and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.  At the end of 40 minutes it should be hot, brown, and delicious!  Serves 2-3.  I serve with horseradish dipping sauce.

Ingredients for Horseradish Dipping Sauce:

1 C. sour cream
2 T. grated horseradish
1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce

Stir all of the ingredients together and serve.  Yield 1 cup sauce.






No comments: