Translate

3/19/15

Black Raspberry Sauce Drizzle Over Cake or Make My Ice Cream Sundae

Warm gooey black raspberry sauce over vanilla bean ice cream for an Ice Cream Sunday.
The thought a an ice cream sundae caught me by surprise and of course set me on a course for a delectable sauce. Short of a hot fudge sauce a warm berry sauce was the one that set me on my path.  Luckily I have frozen berries put up in the deep freeze and it was a short task to defrost a pint of my favorite black raspberries.

Ingredients for Berry Sauce (Use any berries you like.)

1 pint frozen berries thawed
2-3 T. sugar
1/2 C. water
1 1/2 T. corn starch
pinch of salt
1 T. butter
1/2 t. vanilla

Add the berries and sugar and salt to a heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to a medium boil.  Meanwhile  dissolve the cornstarch in the water.  Add the water mixture to the berry mixture stirring constantly until thickened.  Add the butter and vanilla and remove from the heat.  Stir well and serve drizzled over cakes, puddings, or ice cream. 

If using large berries you may crush them if you prefer.  Yield about 2 cups of berry sauce.  Refrigerate any unused sauce for later.

No comments: