Translate

5/7/10

Apple Enchiladas, Cinco De Mayo school project!!

It is great to be a Grandma and be called upon to help when school projects come up. It is just sheer fun when Emily or Kate want to cook in my kitchen!!

Cinco De Mayo presented just that opportunity. Emily needed to make a desert to take to school and she picked a recipe for "apple enchiladas."



1, 21 oz. apple pie filling
6, 8" flour tortillas
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. margarine
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. water

Emily assembled a 9x13 pan and buttered it and preheated the oven at 350. She got all of the rest of the ingredients out as well as the measuring cups and spoons and can opener.

After opening the fruit she spooned a row of apples across the top third of the tortilla. Then she rolled it cigar fashion and laid it seam side down in the buttered pan. When all this was finished she combined the rest of the ingredients in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and brought it to a boil for 3 minutes. She ladled the gooey syrup over the apple cigars and baked for 20 minutes.

I am sure her classmates delighted in these little deserts and I loved helping her with her project!!

I have been taking pictures and will post them as soon as my son shows me how. They are all much more computer "saavy" than I am.

No comments: