Translate

5/13/10

Incredible Strawberry Cake

This is a recipe from my dear friend Sally and it is the most amazing cake!!  The strawberry fragrance is wonderful and the depth of the strawberry taste surprised me.  I have made it every spring since she gave it to me and I often make it for friends who are lovers of strawberries.  This time I made it into cupcakes to take to a pitch-in dinner.

1 yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 c oil
3 T flour
1 pint of cut up strawberries

Prepare pan with butter and flour or use cupcake papers if making cupcakes.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and flour together till creamy and well blended then add the strawberries.
Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes depending on the oven.  Reduce time for cupcakes, test with a toothpick to check if done.

Icing:
1 stick butter or margarine softened
1 box powdered sugar (1pound)
1/2 c chopped strawberries

Beat altogether with electric mixer and frost cake.

No comments: