Translate

11/5/13

Fall is a Beautiful Time for a Drive to Indianapolis.

The leaves are indeed beautiful here right now.  I think they may have hit their prime during my last weekends drive north to Fishers, Indiana.  Thursday I headed north bound on State Road 57 for my 200 plus mike drive.  The terrain here, in the south of Indiana is quite wooded and hilly and it becomes much flatter the further north you drive.  Cornfields increase as the woods disappear.

Fishers is just northeast of Indianapolis the capitol of Indiana and it is located almost dead center in the state.  My camera did not capture the size of the hills but I think you get a feel for our fall foliage.

When I arrived Jack and Sam (my grandsons) were happy to have a whirl at a batch of Snickerdoodles.  I learned they loved these cookies most of all when I went to their Grandparent's Day earlier in the year.  This is the recipe I always use when I want the perfect cookie!  It is one I have used all of my adult life and came from an old Betty Crocker Cookbook, now without a cover and missing pages!


Here is a link to that recipe if you would like to try them.     thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com/2010/08/old-fashioned-snickerdoodles.html

They were most amazed to watch through the lit oven door as the balls of cookie dough melted into flat cookies and perfumed the house with the smell of cinnamon and baking.

On the way home I stopped in Martainsville and saw Grandma Powell.  She has again gifted me with more unfinished quilt tops.  This time with four additional making a total of eight,  

These quilt tops are also very old as seen in the fabrics.  More treasure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos, those colours are amazing. I thought Snickerdoodles were cookies made using snickers bars, you see I learn something new everytime from you. I will try these next time I bake, if your grandsons love them they must be good. I hope you are having fun with your grandsons. Enjoying your blog, best wishes, Wendy

Unknown said...

Hello Wendy,
Loving your blog also. Especially liked your description of where you live. So good to learn about the other side of the world from you too.
I am so far behind now and having trouble getting going in any particular direction! Better days are ahead I trust and I will be back in the groove soon.
Stay on the sunny side!
Diane