Translate

8/30/10

Old Fashioned Snickerdoodles

It is seldom that I am too lazy to cook for the two of us but last week after my misadventures as a school cafeteria worker I was.  So instead of baking cookies or a cake or pie for the weekend I just made a fruit salad and bought a couple of packages of cookies.   YUCK!!!! I now know exactly what the phrase,  "tasted like cardboard,"  means.  They did.

We did have a nice dinner Sunday and I forgot to photograph the beautiful French cut loin roast we cooked outside on the grill.  Mike loved it and took some home with him.  I will do better.

Brian really likes Snickerdoodles so I made them today for him.  He deserves more than a crappy cookie out of me and he really likes these.  I have made this recipe for the better part of my life and believe they came from an old Betty Crocker cookbook no longer in print as I have looked for it unsuccessfully.

You will need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and assemble these ingredients.

1/2 C. soft butter
1/2 C. shortening
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 C. flour
2 t. cream of tarter
1 t. soda
1/4 t. salt

Cookie rolling mixture:
3 T. sugar
3 t. cinnamon

Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, sugar, and eggs.  Blend in the flour, cream of tarter, soda, and salt.  Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls.  Mix the remaining amount of sugar and cinnamon and roll the balls until liberally coated.  Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.  Bake 10 minutes and remove from oven to cool.  Makes about 4 dozen cookies.



My reward!!

No comments: