Translate

4/27/14

Candy Crunch Ice Cream Pie with Warm Chocolate Sauce

Some ordered dessert with warn chocolate sauce and a few without. 

It was delightful and pretty too.
I am making dessert on the fly for this weeks Sunday dinner!  I have a package of Oreo cookies and that will become a chocolate cookie crust.  A portion of two batches of homemade vanilla ice cream and a bunch of candy from Easter I need to use up.  (This was candy I intended to hide in plastic eggs along with $$ for the egg hunt prior to our Granddaughter being injured.)

Now the candy will star in a frozen ice cream pie!  I am planning a chocolate sauce to drizzle over the top at serving time too! Yum sounds good to me!  In fact I am wondering why I never thought of it before now?  Instead of throwing away seasonal candy the bits can be used for seasonal ice cream pie!  Leftover jelly beans and peeps, chocolate bunnies, any of it could be used in this recipe.  And, ice cream is always in season!

I used candy left from Easter!

Ingredients for Candy Ice Cream Pie:

25 chocolate sandwich cookies
1/2 stick melted butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Crumble the cookies into crumbs.  Use a food processor or a plastic bag and a rolling pin!  Pour the melted butter over the crumbs and stir well to combine.  Pat the crumbs into a 9" pie plate and bake 5-7 minutes.  Cool completely.  I placed mine in the freezer for 10 minutes and went on to make the filling.

Using a butcher knife and a paper plate I chopped the candy with no mess at all.

1 quart soft ice cream (I used homemade vanilla but use whatever you like.)
1- 1 1/2 C. chopped candies or cookies

Stir the ice cream until smooth and add the candy.
Stir the candy in until combined well.
Spread the ice cream mixture into the cooled crust.

Stir together the softened ice cream and the candy or cookies.  Spread evenly into the cooled cookie crust.  Top with plastic wrap and return to the freezer.

1/4 C. heavy cream
1 C. chocolate chips
1 T. corn syrup

Combine the cream, chocolate chips and corn syrup in a microwave proof bowl and microwave at 20 second intervals stirring each time until smooth and perfectly melted adding a few additional drops of cream and stirring until you reach the desired consistency.  Drizzle over the frozen pie.  You can drizzle and return to the freezer or drizzle over each piece of pie as you serve it.  Yield 6-8 servings.

This certainly wins my award for fast, easy, and delicious summer time dessert!

1 comment:

Angela Schofield said...

I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

Spring cleaning Sydney
End of lease cleaning Blacktown