Translate

12/4/15

Holiday Sewing! Quick Scarves & Cozy Tied Throws for Starters

Soft and cozy royal blue ribbed knit is outstanding!  So I made two!
A few weeks ago I took a quick inventory of winter knits that might be lovely as scarves.  I wanted some bulky, some silky knit, and all pretty.  My first dive into the first tote netted enough for six cowl or circle or infinity scarves.  I was looking for in the neighborhood of 2 yards by 11 or 22 inches.  Not all the same but in the neighborhood!

Love this soft and silky but with medium heft.
Red, black, and white cable is quite striking as well as so soft!








I REALLY like this very soft and a little bulky number and I made two of this too.



Six scarves lined up and done. 


Next I went through the three quilting totes and found three pieces suitable for tied comforter style throws.  I am not sure if I will give them all as gifts or who I might gift them with but I am enjoying getting back to my treasures!

Two velvet and one cotton patchwork topper for a throw.
I plan another fabric dive as soon as I get finished with these pieces!  I also hear throw pillows calling my name. Listen.......do you hear it too?  Ops I had to do it!  Thinking Christmas or New Years Eve sparkling glittering scarves!  Lots to do!

GLITZ GALORE! May go for something festive!
If you want to make one of these scarves (or more).  For each scarf cut fabric 2 yards (72")  by 22 inches.  Fold with right sides facing longways.  Machine stitch 1/2" from the edge the long seam.  Turn right side out.

Fold scarf in half.  Match the raw ends.  Pin right sides facing of the ends and machine stitch leaving a 4" to 6" opening.  Turn the scarf right sides and fold the raw edges of the opening together to close then hand stitch the opening closed.  You are all done!

NOTE:  For complete instructions with photos go to my link as follows..... thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com/2013/01/infinity-scarf-circle-large-double-loop.html
Of course you can plat around with the dimensions too!

1 comment:

معلوماتي said...


Additional shares: Some companies tend to distribute dividends to shareholders in the form of additional free shares in addition to their basic share in the company’s shares.أسهم ذات عوائد شهرية
Some companies rely on distributing shareholders' dividends in two parts, with the first part being in cash vand the second part in the form of free shares added to investors' shares. When the company distributes cash dividends, it has two options: the first is to pay the dividends through securities owned by the shareholders, or work... To increase capital through subscription rights, which are for the benefit of every shareholder who owns shares in the company.