Translate

7/8/10

Grape Salad and More!!

The only way I know to describe this salad is it is like eating ice cream.  It doesn't taste like ice cream but it's so good my husband eats it like ice cream!!  Years ago my dear friend Kerry who worked with me at Lazarus in Indianapolis made this salad and I loved it.  I have made it and morphed it ever since then.

Her version was half green seedless grapes and half red seedless grapes, washed and stemmed in a large bowl then add one carton of peach yogurt and a small thawed carton of cool whip and stir well and serve chilled. YUM.

My daughter-in-law Julie in Santa Claus, Indiana adds pecans and brown sugar. YUM.

Today I used grapes, an apple, 2 nectarines, and fresh blueberries, two cartons of yogurt and half a small carton of cool whip thawed.  It passed the taste test with flying colors.  It is one of those things where you make something really good out of whatever is handy.  I hope it becomes a summer favorite.

No comments: