Translate

7/28/10

Pina Coladas on a slow rainy day....ahhhhh.......

Have you ever procrastinated until you just can't anymore?  That is just exactly what I have done about a pile of paperwork that I long since should have dealt with!! So today I  started and sat and worked on it straight through for hours.  Then, when I raised my head it was raining.  Not hard, just that slow sticky rain you get when it is really hot and muggy out.

All and all not a fun day.

But all that changed when I set about to make a batch of Pina Coladas.  Haven't had one for years but it sounded very refreshing especially since we have been on a fresh pineapple craze for sometime now.
As luck would have it I have everything needed to whirl them up. Ahhh, I am much happier now.  I am more than half way done with the stack of paperwork.  The Pina Coladas are delicious and there is a blender full of them made up for later this evening.  A nice surprise I am sure when my husband comes in from his sticky and muggy day.

Here is what went in to them:

2 full shot glasses of light rum (6 oz.)
1/2 of a 15 oz. can of coconut cream
1/4 C. milk
1 pound of frozen pineapple chunks
6 oz. pineapple juice
2 C. crushed ice
fresh pineapple for garnish

Place everything except the pineapple for garnish into a blender  or processor and puree at high speed until a slushy consistency.  Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple spears.  Makes 4-6 beverages.

No comments: