Translate

5/10/13

General Tao's Chicken Sauce & Monteray Cherry Juice, Two Great "Finds"

I always get General Tao's chicken when we go out and this turned out just as good as any I have ever eaten.
I have looked high and low for a recipe for General Tao's Chicken and even my Ultimate Chinese and Asian Cookbook does not give a recipe.  When I came across an Asian sauce for General Tao's Chicken made by TY LING Naturals, I snatched it off the shelf and have given it my best efforts this evening. It turned out GREAT!  I was happy with the results and Brian loved it.

Ingredients for General Tao's Chicken:

6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
salt
pepper
2 eggs
2 T. cornstarch
oil for frying
Ty Ling General Tao's Sauce
dried red pepper flakes

Cut any excess fat from the thighs and cut each thigh into 4-5 pieces.  Place about 1/2" oil in a heavy skillet and heat.  Meanwhile beat the egg and cornstarch until smooth.  Season the thigh pieces with the salt and pepper and toss them into the batter.

Fry the coated chicken pieces in the hot oil until deep golden brown and remove and drain on paper towels.  Do not crowd. fry in 2-3 batches.

Combine the cooked chicken pieces in a dish with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the Ty Ling General Tao's Sauce stirring to just coat each piece.  Sprinkle with dried red pepper flakes and serve hot over just cooked rice.  This is a sweet, spicy, hot, sticky and delicious dish, the best way I know to enjoy a chicken thigh!   Yield 2 servings.

Concentrated Monterrey tart Cherry Juice Concentrate.

I have made another discovery.  Tart Cherry Juice, if has a lot of nice effects.  We have been drinking one glass each evening with our supper.  We do not add any sweetener.  We just use 2 generous tablespoons of the concentrate in a glass of filtered water over ice.  We are starting our second week and there are some noticeable improvements in our sleeping.  We both looked at each other and said the same thing one morning.  "Gee,  I am sleeping better!"

I also have slowly noticed some improvement in my arthritis.   Less stiffness and swelling.  The literature suggests some other benefits but these are the things we are certain about.  Certain enough that I bought a second bottle of concentrate today.  It is not cheep.  Almost $28. a quart but if the benefits continue it is worth it!  I buy it at Rivertown Butcher Shop but have seen it other places too.  You can visit them online if you are interested.  I do not sell it, get paid to talk about it, or own stock in the company.  We just think we feel and sleep better.   www.natureblessed.us  is the web address given on the bottle.

No comments: