Translate

5/5/13

Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin in the Slow Cooker EASY and Delicious!

The layers of flavors were evident in this slow cooker entree.  The aroma as it simmered was tantalizing.
Love to make "forget about it" meals and this tenderloin worked out beautifully plus it just smells heavenly simmering away.  I like lazy rainy Sundays and this fills the bill perfectly.  I came across the recipe on Pinterest, one of my favorite haunts!  So I want to give full credit to  simplymadewithlove.blogspot.com for this recipe.  She had her husband make this so that makes it an even bigger bonus in my book!  She gave credit to AllRecipes .com for the original recipe.  I have adapted the recipe for our families preferences.  NOTE: I doubled the sauce recipe over what is stated here when I made it and it was great.  Just and FYI.

Ingredients for Pork Teriyaki Tenderloin:

2 T. olive oil
2 pounds pork tenderloin
1/2 C. teriyaki sauce
1 C. chicken broth
1/4 C. brown sugar
4 cloves garlic
3 fresh chili peppers, finely chopped
1/2 large onion diced
1/2 t. black pepper
1/2/ t kosher salt

Remove the silver skin from the tenderloin but leave whole as for a roast.  You may ask the butcher to do this for you ahead of time.  Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper.

Heat the oil in a skillet at med-high heat and brown the meat (about 8-10- minutes.)  Meanwhile mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl whisking to blend well.

Place the browned meat into the slow cooker and cover with the sauce.  Cook on high for about 4 hours, turning 2-3 times.

Remove the tenderloins from the cooker and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.  Spoon the juices over the slices when serving.  My slow cooker tends to cook hotter than most I think and I would remove the meat a little sooner the next time or cook over low heat.  It was delicious though, there is not a shred left!  Our son Mike especially liked it.

Delicious served over hot cooked rice or noodles or along side mashed or roasted potatoes add a side salad or vegetable.

HELPFUL HINT:  When preparing hot chili peppers of any kind I grab a plastic bag and put my left hand into it to secure them while I remove the seeds and veins.

I also hold them with my hand inside a plastic bag as I chop or dice them, holding the knife in my right hand,  This saves a whole lot of grief as anyone who has ever rubbed their eyes after handling peppers can tell you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy, my mouth was salivating just looking at the photo, when I get my slow cooker back from my daughter I'm making this, borrowed a few weeks ago and I think she has forgotten where I live. lol