Translate

10/26/13

Multi Grain Bread

Sour dough multi grain bread.
For as long as it took to make this it had better be some exceptional bread!  That is what I thought today as I formed and baked these loaves!  And it is delicious!  Just toasted 2 slices and lightly bettered them. YUM!

The slices are nutty and flavorful with a crisp crust and slightly chewy texture.  I think them delicious.  Also, there is not a drop of sweetening or oil used in the loaves.  There is a tiny bit used to oil the bowl as it sits to rise.  Otherwise the ingredients are yeast, flours, grains and seeds, salt, and water alone.  Nutrient laden for sure!  Yummy to boot!

I have made multi grain breads before with some degree of success but I was intrigued by the whole seeds and the sour dough in this recipe.  Once in a while I stop by annies-eats.com to see what is up there.  I had not looked for a while and this is what I came across.  Old fashioned oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and quinoa are all soaked in water for an hour to soften before adding to the bread dough.  The thought of these toasting for breakfast was what motivated me!




Here is the link if you would like to try this one.    www.annies-eats.com/2013/10/10/multigrain-bread/    I added 3 tablespoon of King Arthur's Rye Bread Enhancer to the dry ingredients but that was my only change.  You have to start this recipe on Tuesday morning and tend to it every day until you make and bake on Saturday. 


No comments: