Translate

10/27/13

Peanutty Filled Mini Cups, So Easy, So Good!

Honestly these are just too good to be true and easy too!  Emily wanted me to fix Sunday Dinner at noon today as she has to work later in the day so we are having a chili and chili cheese dog lunch at noon.  I love peanut butter anything with chili and thought these a great dessert for today.

I saw Ree Drummind, from The Pioneer Woman blog make these one day and it just was a simple thing from her childhood.  I wondered how I could have missed something that looks so good?  She was emphatic that you have to use refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough from the store or this will not work.  So off I went to purchase my first tube of refrigerated peanut butter cookies!


Ingredients for Peanutty Filled Mini Cups:

1 tube refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
1 bag miniature peanut butter candy cups
miniature cupcake or candy paper liners



Next preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line mini muffin cups with small paper liners.  Slice the cookie dough about 2/3" thick and quarter the slices dropping a piece in each paper cup.  Bake for about 12 minutes.  Meantime unwrap miniature peanut butter cups and remove both the foil and the paper cup completely!

Do this quickly as you must pop the candies into the center of each puffed cookie cup as quickly as you pull them from the oven.  This is a hasty project but it pays off!

Cool thoroughly before removing from the pans.  Serve on pretty plates for a tasty treat.  I yielded 40 cookie cups.

No comments: