Translate

12/22/14

Christmas Preperations, & Dec. Birthday Dinner!

Christmas village
Antique finished Nativity
It is hard to imagine so much has happened since Thanksgiving week.  The passing of our beloved brother-in law and the devastating illness that has befallen Grandma Powell has as it challenged us and strengthened us in our resolve and in our faith.  I have not posted simply because there has been no time. But today I am pausing to share out birthday dinner yesterday for our sons Mike and Joel.  And to share a few special decorations made by Grandma Powell that have graced our home for many years.

Joel blows out the candles for his 40th three layer chocolate cake.
Mike blows out candles for his 44th Angel Food Cake.
The boys requested BBQ for their joint birthday dinner yesterday and I made and sent home with each of them their favorite birthday cakes.

Kate
Emily
Our beautiful granddaughters dress up every occasion and we loves their bright smiles!

The Christmas cactus is in full bloom and that too lifts my spirits!  Will soon plant the Ameryllis bulbs and start some baking for the big day!
 




1 comment:

Angela Schofield said...

Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
Bond cleaning
Spring cleaning Sydney