Translate

10/30/15

Grandma's PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE!

I only make about a half dozen or so quick breads and this is one that tops my list.  Grandma Powell gave me this recipe a lifetime ago and we love it!  I had misplaced it and looked for it for a good while!  Then the light came on and my senior moment passed.  I have found it and share it with you now! This recipe yields 2 large loaves of Pumpkin Bread and it does freeze well.  As always, just double wrap for freezing.

Ingredients for Pumpkin Bread:

3 C. sugar
1 C. vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2/3 C. water
2 C. pumpkin
1 C. chopped nuts
3 1/3 C. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. cloves
1 t. nutmeg
( I leave out the nutmeg and increase the cinnamon to 1 tablespoon plus 1 t. vanilla)

Mix together the sugar and oil.  Add the eggs one at a time beating well.  Blend in the pumpkin.  Alternate adding in the dry ingredients and the water beating after each addition until just mixed.  Stir in the nuts.  Put half of the batter into each of two greased loaf pans.  I sprinkle the tops with cinnamon and sugar but this is optional.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 -1 1/2 hours until a skewer or toothpick tests clean.  Cool and remove from pans.  Store in plastic wrap.




3 comments:

Myrna said...

This looks so good. I have all the ingredients on hand so will try this weekend.
Have a nice weekend and enjoy the fall weather.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I hope you like it! Diane

Angela Schofield said...

I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
BBQ cleaning Eastern Suburbs
End of lease cleaning Annangrove