Translate

8/2/10

Brian's Smoked Baby Back Ribs


WHAT A PLATE OF RIBS!!!!!!!!

Brian, my husband wanted to smoke baby back ribs this weekend so he set about doing that early Sunday morning.  I noticed he cut up apples and added them along with wine to the smokers water pan. He also used apple wood to achieve the smoke.

The day before I mixed up a brine solution of 1/4 C. salt,  1/4 C. sugar,  1/2 C. cider vinegar, 1 t. black peppercorns, 1 t. celery seed, 1 t. mustard seed,  and 1 bay leaf to 2 quarts of water.  I put the ribs in the mixture in the refrigerator for about 5 hours and then drained them returning them to the refrigerator.

They were smoked low and slow for about 4 hours then grilled over low heat with sauce then wrapped in foil and held at 200 degrees f for another 3 hours.  They melted in your mouth!!  Good job Dad!!

Note:  Our standard BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Ray's sauce mixed with enough pineapple juice to make it about the thickness of sweet cream and a few shakes of hot sauce for a bit of jazz!  I have used apple or orange juice when I didn't have pineapple and they are fine too.

No comments: