Translate

2/1/11

Fresh Lemomade by the Glass

My theory is I am going to act like spring is just around the corner and hope the groundhog sees his shadow or doesn't, whichever it is!!! In keeping with my fantasy I made up lemon syrup a couple of days ago and today I am enjoying the most refreshing fresh lemonade. If you would like to join me in a glass.....here is all you need:
Lemon Syrup
2 fresh lemons peeled with a veggetable peeler and julianned
2 C. sugar
2 C water
Using a small saucepan add the thin strips of peel, sugar, and water and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Cool and refrigerate in a covered glass jar.
Lemonade by the glass:
3 oz. lemon syrup
juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
ice
water
Mix in a glass and enjoy. You may alter to taste depending on the size of your glass. You may also use carbonated water if you like a bit if fizz!!

No comments: