Translate

2/11/11

Grandma's Hearts, cookies for my kids.

I am no expert at decorating but I try to jiggle and make a little squiggle and dot here and there for holidays. This is a terrific cookie recipe and it makes about a dozen large cookies, just right for my purposes. I think I first saw this recipe on Annie's Eats but it is a hand written recipe so I can't be sure.  I like it because it calls for a lot of Almond flavor and the dough is really easy to work with.
Sugar cookies:

2 sticks soft butter
1 C. powdered sugar sifted
1 egg room temperature
1 1/2 t. pure almond extract
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1/2 t. salt
2 1/2 C. flour sifted.
Combine butter and sugar in mixing bowl and cream well. Add egg and flavorings and continue beating. Sift the flour and salt together and add to the butter mixture. Beat until it forms a stiff dough then gather it together in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare pans with parchment paper. Roll the chilled dough to 1/4" thickness and cut shapes with floured cookie cutters. Bake 9-11 minutes depending on the size of the cookies. Remove and cool. Frost with your favorite icing and enjoy!!!

No comments: