Translate

7/21/12

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes

You should have seen the look on my Granddaughters face when she tasted these!!
It has been a frustrating week for us inasmuch as Brian has had more issues with atrial flutter and fibrillation and we again have spent time in the emergency room.  Next week he will start new medicine that will hopefully manage things and life will find it's routine again.

Yes, I still have cooked but we have clung to old standby favorites like brownies, chicken and dumplings, and BLT's which I have already given the recipes for. (Got 8 fat ripe tomatoes today and these are the things that make a Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich really great this time of the year.)  Meanwhile I did put up another batch of chunky sweet pickle relish and have collected some recipes I am excited about trying out soon.

Today I pulled out one from my "I can't wait to try this one" stack!  I am sure my Granddaughters will love this one!  Oreo Cookie Cheesecake Muffins just have to be good and cute as they can be too!  My adaptation is made from a recipe given by  cateswordlkitchen.com.

Ingredients for Oreo Cheesecake Muffins:

22 Oreo cookies
2,  8 oz. blocks of cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
pinch of salt
2 large eggs beaten
1/2 C. sour cream

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.

Place paper muffin liners in 16 muffin cups.  Place a whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each.  Roughly crush the remaining 6 Oreo cookies and set them aside.

Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese together in a medium sized mixing bowl at medium speed.  Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.  Add the salt and beaten eggs and blend well. Mix in the sour cream scraping the sides of the bowl to incorporate everything. 

By hand fold in the crushed cookies, do not over mix.  Spoon the batter on top of the cookie filling each muffin cup to the top.  Bake for 24-25 minutes.  Remove to a cooling rack for 20 minutes then refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.  I have made these for Sunday dinners dessert but of course I had to taste them to be sure they are just right.

Yield 16 cheesecake cupcakes.

Note: OREO is also the name of one of the dogs my son owns and has come to have a play day with Molly.  They are underfoot always!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man these are GOOD. Don't tell anybody but I just ate one for breakfast!! Really good with that little bit of crunch from the cookie...yummy.