Translate

8/31/12

Oatmeal Cookies, Cinnamon, Clove, Pecans, and Raisins make these Grandpa's Favorite Cookie

Goof for You Oatmeal Cookies are Chocked Full of Good Ingredients!
This version of my Oatmeal Cookies is my husbands favorite.  In fact he especially asked me to make these for him the other evening.  That is kind of nice I think,  Nice that he asked and nice that I can do something special for this man I have been married to for 39 years this month!  You know, at our age you realize how special it is to still be together and enjoy our family.  The old saying, "all I want is just another year with you" takes on a more special meaning as the years click by, each more rapidly than the last. 

The recipe again was from the first cookbook I ever owned, The Betty Crocker Cookbook,  it is so old and worn it no longer has a cover or a title page but I got it in 1967.  This is the adaptation my husband loves.

Oatmeal Cookies:

3/4 C. soft butter
1 C. brown sugar firmly packed
1/2 C. sugar
1 egg
1/4 C. water
1 t. vanilla
1 C. flour
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. soda
1/2 t. cloves
1 C. raisins
1 C. chopped pecans
3 C. quick cook oats

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare the pans with parchment or silpat mats and set aside.  Or, you may lightly grease cookie sheets and set aside.

Mix on medium speed with your electric mixer the butter, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla.   Reduce the speed to very low and stir in the remaining ingredients. 

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2" apart onto baking sheets.  Bake 13-15 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when toughed lightly with your finger.  Remove from baking sheets and cool.  Store in a tightly covered container.  Yield 4 dozen cookies.



No comments: