Translate

8/7/12

Slow Cooker Country Back Ribs with Just 2 Ingredients

These country back ribs could not have turned out with any more ease or any more flavor!!  One of my sons had tipped me off to pouring a can of root beer over a pork roast and slow cooking for 6 hours.  I thought it would translate nicely to back ribs so I tried it today.  In the words of one of my daughter-in-laws it is a "do again".

Ingredients for slow cooked BBQ Country Back Ribs:

4 meaty country back ribs
1 can Root Beer
1 jar your favorite BBQ sauce

Place ribs in the slow cooker and turn onto high for 6 hours or low for 8-10.

Pour a can of Root Beer over all and let this simmer all day.  After 6 hours drain off all of the liquid.  Return the meat to the cooker and cover with the bottled BBQ sauce.  Reheat over low until serving time.

We served with a side of fresh cooked green beans, cottage cheese, and sliced tomatoes.  Yield 4 servings.

No comments: