Translate

11/20/14

Yesterday was Egg Day So Today I make Thanksgiving Noodles! (Got Eggs from Harry the Egg Man Down the Road.)

Holiday's are not holidays in our family without the home made noodles.
There were plans made to get eggs Monday but after all the snow and cold set in I phoned Harry Brown and asked if Tues. or Wed. would work just as well.  He was just as happy as could be to oblige me.  Dear man that he is!

Tomatoes in my kitchen window.
So yesterday off I trekked and what to my delight did I see?  A big table of tomatoes just waiting for me!

Green and partially green tomatoes ripening in one dinning room window.
God bless you Harry!  He gave me a big sack and told me to help myself!

The third window of ripening tomatoes!
I returned home with not only 6 dozen eggs but I have three window sills of tomatoes ripening.  With any luck we may still have fresh home grown tomatoes at Christmas!

You do need a sharp knife to slice them!
Today I will pan to make a few batches of noodles to freeze for Thanksgiving then drop them into hot turkey stock for Thanksgiving Dinner.      thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com/2011/11/make-egg-noodles-for-now-or-store-in.html     This is the link if you would like step by step directions to make them too.

The vintage doilies add to the "character" of the patchwork coverlet.
There is mending and sewing to do and I will strip the beds, launder the sheets, and remake them for the company that will be here!  There is a vintage patchwork coverlet my Mother made that needs a bit of additional repair today. Many times I am able to make repairs using the vintage doilies I have collected to cover the worn spots.     thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com/2013/08/second-vintage-patchwork-coverlet.html    Here is another link if you would like to see just how I repair them.     thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com/2013/07/repairing-patchwork-coverlet-with.html

Doilies come in various sizes and colors I have found! 
I am so happy when all of my Children and Grandchildren are here. It makes these tasks fun!



No comments: