Translate

1/8/15

Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons.....To Die for.....and so easy too!

These cookies are 5 STARS for sure!
Yes, it has been awhile since last I sat and posted to this blog.  As it so often does, life got in the way.  Our family has endured several heartbreaks since last I was here but we are strong and we endeavor to persevere.  With that I will add that my appliances have all run amok too!  We have had the washer and dryer and the dishwasher replaced and today after mixing up these macaroons I found the oven dead as a door nail and wound up baking them in the toaster oven.  The repairman is due here in the morning.

BUT THESE MACAROONS ARE DELICIOUS!  If you favor mounds bars, and coconut in general these are meant for you. Easy easy to make and just so very easy.  I can't say enough!

I found a recipe that I adapted by Googling for a Coconut Macaroon recipe and found the most appealing one at a Taste of Home, called First Place Coconut Macaroon Recipe.

Ingredients for Chocolate Chip coconut Macaroons:

7 ounce package flaked coconut
1/3 c. sugar
2 rounded tablespoons of flour
large pinch of kosher salt
2 large egg whites  (My egg whites were extra large thus the rounded tablespoons of flour.)
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 C. mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.  Place parchment paper or foil on baking sheets and set aside.

In a medium bowl stir all together all of the ingredients until well blended.  Don't bother with a mixer, just stir well.   Drop by rounded spoonfuls and shape into mounds with your fingers moistened with a little water.  Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden.  Cool.  Yield about 1 1/2 dozen.  ENJOY.



No comments: