Translate

11/10/11

Tonic for Healing Gets a Kiwi Addition

Deep purple beets, red and green apples, green celery with the leaves, orange carrots, parsley, and green kiwi fruits make a rainbow of nutrition in this healing tonic.
The punies have struck at our house!! Two nights ago my husband came home with a cough,  congestion, and a aching in his lower abdomen.  Needless to say he was not a happy husband.

The next morning I dusted off the juice extractor and got busy.  As you may know from past posts my favorite healing potion is a combination consisting of:

Yields 2.
2 apples
5-6 carrots
5-6 stalks of celery
1 beet
1/4 bunch of parsley

Today I have added:
2 kiwi
2 apples more

The kiwi is added because I am looking for additional sweetness and the apples because the first two were red skinned and the last 2 were green skinned.  I really am not sure of the specific gains, but I would think anything you add broadens the nutritional base.

So, the past 2 mornings we have enjoyed this lovely beverage and Brian is feeling better.  I am thinking I will keep it up.  My problem becomes one of laziness.  I grow tired of scrubbing and cleaning up the mess.  Today though I stay well intended.

Bottoms up!!

No comments: