Translate

1/23/13

Lazarus Burger Sauce

This sauce is delicious as a dipping sauce for fries, on burgers, and more.
For 10 years I worked for Lazarus Department Stores (part of the Federated Group now Macy's) and enjoyed their wonderful restaurant right on the second floor where my office was located.  Many of their recipes are delicious and sought after.  I realized that the other day when I was looking for an old recipe on line and stumbled onto a sight that seeks out just such old, lost, and sometimes vintage recipes. 

It was than I decided I would share this one.  If you ever had a burger and fries at the Lazarus Restaurant it was served with a little cup of the secret sauce on the side.  It was meant as a topping for the burger but we all loved it as a dip for the fries too.  Luckily they were generous with it and gladly served extra sauce if requested as it so often was!

Ingredients for Lazarus Burger Sauce:

2 C. Hellman's Mayonnaise
1 C. sour cream
2 1/2 T. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, Buttermilk Recipe

Stir these ingredients together well  cover, and refrigerate.  Delicious as a dip for vegetables,  chips,  french fries, or on a burger as first intended.

Yield 3 cups. 

2 comments:

Angela Schofield said...

I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

BBQ cleaning
End of lease cleaning Zetland

BJ Hassan said...

Thanks for this recipe. I too worked for LAZARUS and fell in love with this burger sauce - and other dishes like chicken salad, chicken and broccoli casserole and the best bread pudding in the world. I also dipped my waffle cut fries in this sauce it was yum! Thanks again.