Translate

8/30/13

Toasting White Breakfast Bread, I give this one 5 Stars*****, Using Dough Cycle of Bread Machine and Baking in My Own Oven.

My perfect breakfast food.
My favorite breakfast food has always been a slice of hot crisp on the outside and tender on the inside toast, with or without eggs and such.  Just slather with a bit of soft butter and I am good to go.  After noticing the bread box was slim I looked at my favorite flour's website, King Arthur.  I have used their flours almost exclusively for almost 15 years having ordered it before our local grocery began stocking it.  As I perused  recipes this one caught my eye and so I made it.  I found it to be well worth the effort and thoroughly enjoyed my toast this morning!  Their link is     kingarthurflour.com      and I have liked the biggest part of the recipes I have tried from them.  Here is my adaptation of their recipe.

Ingredients for White Breakfast Bread:

1 1/4 C. water 105-115 degrees F.
1 1/2 t. kosher salt
1 1/2 T. room temperature butter
2 T. sugar
1 1/2 T. nonfat dried milk
3 3/4 C. King Arthur unbleached all purpose flour
1 1/2 t. instant yeast

Remove the bread pan from your bread machine insert the mixing paddles correctly.  Add the warm water and butter.  Using a piece of waxed paper or a bowl assemble the salt, sugar, dried milk, and flour then add to the top of the liquid without mixing.

Just make a shallow trough with a spoon.
Draw a clean tablespoon the length of the bread pan WITHOUT getting into the liquid and sprinkle the yeast into the trough you have formed.

Set the machine to the dough cycle and start.  I usually check about 5-7 minutes into the kneading cycle to be sure all is well.  Because in the variation of the flour due to humidity you could add a sprinkle of water or a tablespoon of flour now if an adjustment is needed.

Upon the dough cycle completing remove the dough to a very well buttered loaf pan and slather the top of the loaf with soft butter.  Cover and let rise in a warm place until the loaf has doubled, about 1 hour.

Beauty is a freshly made loaf of yeast bread.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.   Remove the middle oven rack as the bread will bake better on a lower rack.  After the dough has risen bake 25-30 minutes until dark golden brown.  The loaf should sound hollow when thumped.

Slice with a bread knife or an electric knife will do nicely also.
emove the bread from the pan as soon as you take the loaf from the oven and cool completely on a rack.  Store tightly wrapped and slice with a bread knife.  Yield a 1 1/2 pound loaf.

Note:  Lately I have been using the dough cycle of the bread machine a lot.  I am thinking about being so far behind in things I am trying to get done and this saves me a lot of time although I enjoy making bread by hand very much.  I am a big fan of both!





No comments: