Translate

6/18/11

Bacon DOG Biscuits

Bacon Biscuits for my Dog!!
Yes, Molly is already spoiled rotten. Yes, she can be a pain but we are going to work it out. I had a girl to girl talk with her and let her know she will be a much happier if she just quits EATING MY FURNITURE AND PEEING on the floor!!!!! Yes, I know it's a puppy thing.....yes I know I sound old and crotchety....well maybe I am?????

I have explained I will be putting her in a crate very soon if she does not get with the program. So far so good. No undo chewing and only one accident in the last 24 hours for which I shook a newspaper at her and told her "bad dog". I think she got it as she slipped away very meekly.

Well anyway, I made her a new batch of treats. Here is how they go:

1 1/2 C. boiling water plus 2 beef bouillon cubes dissolved*
2 T. bacon fat
2 T. brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 t. salt
1 C. whole wheat flour
2 1/2 C. all purpose flour
3/4 C. cornmeal
3/4 C. uncooked oats
3/4 C. oat bran
3 T. brewers yeast
2 T. parsley flakes
2 t. rapid or instant yeast
5 strips bacon, cooked crisp and finely crumbled
* Be sure there is not onion powder in the bouillon cubes as it is harmful to you dog.  Use homemade broth or canned if necessary and check the ingredients.  Thanks to "Dogmom" for sharing this warning.  It has  verified by our vet and is valuable information.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Place all of the ingredients in a large stand mixer bowl or in a bread machine in the order listed. I usually stir it up well with a wooden spoon to get everything moistened. Then I process in the mixer bowl with a dough hook for 15 minutes. You may just use the dough cycle of the bread machine.
Roll the dough on a lightly floured board and cut into desired shapes. Place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the treats in the oven for 2-4 hours. When completely cooled store in an airtight container. 

MOLLY LOVES 'em as did MY SUZIE GIRL before her.

No comments: