Translate

2/25/13

I am Trying the, "How to Lose Up To 10 Pounds In 3 Days on the 3-Day Military Diet" & Our Taxes Are Ready to Go.

My dinning room workplace has lots of windows and is my "desk" of choice.
Not often do I abandon you for as long as a week but tomorrow would have been 7 days!  My explanation is easy, weather and taxes.  Admittedly I hate to do all of the prep necessary to send the taxes out to our CPA.  It is not all that hard or complicated it is just the matter of having to commit to the sitting down and doing it.

My dinning room view on a winters day.
Then there is the dreariness of the season and the week started looking bleak and cold.  I must admit it improved when the sun came out and then I wanted to find an excuse to go out but rather I stayed the course. But yeah!!  It is mostly done!  I have but to recopy to a legible state, put a stamp on them, then imagine the shock and surprise when David Kruger opens the package in March rather than September!   (When filing an extension it is due in Oct.)

My neighbor next door Doris sent me a lovely old apron piece.  Which brightened my day.  I count old aprons as one of my "loves".  Doris writes inspirational poetry and short stories on her blog,  thewondermentoflife.blogspot.com and specifically addresses RSDS/CRPS.

Sustenance
And then, there was my find??  Well, it remains to be seen if it truly is a "find" but I was intrigued enough to give it a whirl.

You may have caught that I early on this year mentioned revisiting the diet I was on last year.  It is restrictive for 6 days and then you can have whatever you want for 1 then you keep repeating for the duration you choose to stay on.  It was a very successful diet for me but by the time I quit I had learned to loath it!  So I didn't have the gumption to start again.

Last week I happened across this little diet on blessedmommy.hubpages.com and was intrigued.  It was called the "Three Day Military Diet."  She explained there had been a military gentleman who had joined her church some time back who had shared it.  Her understanding was that some military folks had used it when needing to get into shape quickly.  The headline is "HOW TO LOSE UP TO 10 POUNDS IN 3 DAYS ON THE 3-DAY MILITARY DIET."

She tells that she tried it for 2 days initially and lost 5 pounds.  She is trying it again now and will post her results.

For my part I don't see this as a big deal at all and frankly could do for 3 days or so I think.  This morning I started.  So we shall see on Thursday morning my results.  If it works I am jazzed!  Think of it!  3 days on and 4 days off to loose even 5 pounds a week!  Much less the expectation of 8-10 pounds a week.  When it sounds too good to be true it is too good to be true.......but just the same on the off chance it works I don't see any harm in giving it a whirl.

Here is the diet as printed.  I am posting this as information only.  I am not advising, encouraging, condoning, or suggesting anyone try this.  I am not responsible for you or the decisions you make.  PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY DIET OR WEIGHT LOSS PLAN.

3-Day Diet Day 1:

Breakfast--1/2 grapefruit (no sugar), 1 slice of toast, 2 T. peanut butter, and black coffee or tea (any brew as long as it has caffeine.)

Lunch--1/2 C. tuna, 1 slice of toast, and black coffee or tea.

Dinner--3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 C. green beans, 1/2 banana, 1 small apple, 1 C. vanilla ice cream.

Day 2:

Breakfast--1 egg, 1 slice dry toast, 1/2 banana and coffee or tea.

Lunch--1 C. cottage cheese (or 1 slice cheddar cheese), 1 hard cooked egg, and 5 saltine crackers, coffee or tea.

Dinner--2 hot dogs, (no buns) 1 C. broccoli, 1/2 C. carrots, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 C. vanilla ice cream.

Day 3:

Breakfast--5 saltine crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 small apple, and coffee or tea.

Lunch--1 hard cooked egg, 1 slice of dry toast, and coffee or tea.

Dinner-- 1 C. tuna, 1/2 banana, 1 C. vanilla ice cream.

Blessedmommy further explains, "This diet works on chemical breakdown and is proven.  Do not  vary or substitute any of the foods.  Salt and pepper may be used but do not use any other seasoning.  The diet is to be used for only three days at a time."

She goes on to explain.  After 3 days eat normal diet for 4 days you may start back on the diet for 3 days.  Exercise is helpful.  Do not eat or snack between these meals.   Coffee and tea for the first 2 meals of the day only and water for the rest of the day.  She gives additional information at http://blessedmommy.hubpades.com/Lose-Up-Tp-10-Pounds-In.....she also created "The Three Day, Military Diet" Facebook Page.

Will keep you posted on what happens!  Going to the grocery for broccoli, green beans, and vanilla ice cream.








2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the view from your window, here in Melbourne we have just had fifteen days over 30 degrees celcius with high humidy, very draining. Your view is a breath of fresh air. I have tried this diet in the past and found like you I loathed it by the end, I also gained that weight back on very quickly, good luck

Unknown said...

Dear CC,
Love your note today. Sorry you are "steaming". Cold and raining here today but I am grateful not having ice and snow like so many others are in the mid-west. Just completed day one of this diet and it was a piece of cake. Must admit the vanilla ice cream was delicious after such a strict day but well worth or I am hopeful anyway. Feel like heck I can do anything for only 3 days! Even if I only loose 4-5 pounds instead of 8-10. Since the dreadful diet the first of last year I have only gained back 4 pounds but if this is successful I may continue and try to loose that much again. Last year lost 34 pounds. Well anyway time will tell. Thanks again for your note. dkc