Translate

2/15/13

My Favorite Beet Salad or Pink & Purple Salad

Yes, I do appear to be on a beet craze of late.
I love beets and I honestly crave this salad sometimes.  You can use plain sliced or Julianne beets or oven roast fresh beets wrapped in foil for about 50 minutes (until tender) at 425 degrees F, then cool and slice.

Ingredients for "Pink Dressing"

1/2 C. Hellman's Mayonnaise
1 T. Chili Sauce
1 T. chopped green pimento stuffed olives
1 hard cooked egg chopped fine
dash of paprika
pinch of chives
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix well and refrigerate.


Ingredients for Pink & Purple Salad:

1/2 large or 1 small head of Iceberg Lettuce washed, drained. and torn into bite size pieces
5-6 small beets cooked and sliced
1 recipe "Pink Dressing"

At serving time assemble on a large platter and garnish if desired with croutons.  Yield 4 dinner servings.

3 comments:

Myrna said...

The dressing looks great, not so sure of the beets though, HaHa

Unknown said...

I love beets so much I grow them, my favourite salad using them is spinach, beets, walnuts and feta cheese, I also make an orange dressing to sprinkle over the top.

Unknown said...

Your salad sounds WONDERFUL. Thanks for sharing. Diane