Translate

2/10/13

Slow Cooker Italian Beef

The aroma of this perfumed the house all Sunday long and tasted as good as it smelled.
Recently I posted a Spicy Italian Dressing that I am using in this recipe along with a bottle of Brian's first batch of home brewed beer.  (It turned out great I want to add, and we have just finished bottling batch two and will soon taste!)  I have never made Italian Beef but it sounds good to me!!

I have adapted this recipe from one found on a new blog I am enjoying, littleindiana.com and it was featured there from another Indiana blog,  sahmchef.blogspot.com.

Ingredients for Slow Cooker Italian Beef:

3-4 pound Sirloin Tip roast halved
1 recipe Homemade Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
12 ounce bottle of beer or 1/2 C. dry red wine
3/4 C. stock
1 sliced onion
3 cloved minced fresh garlic
1 t. basil
1 1/2 t. oregano
1 t. onion powder
sprinkling of kosher salt and pepper

Add all of the ingredients to the bottom of the crock pot except the meat.  Position the two halves of the roast next to each other in the crock pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Cook covered on low for 8 hours.  Shred the meat with 2 forks and serve on toasted French rolls or bread.  Yield 5-8 servings shredded Italian beef.



No comments: