Translate

2/27/14

Green Salad with Asparagus, Eggs, and Tomatoes for Two

Blanching fresh vegetables is a routine chore in my kitchen.  This week I blanched fresh green beans and then popped fresh asparagus after the beans were finished.  It is very simple.  Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and submerge the fresh vegetables.  Return to a boil, for green beans I boil 2-3 minutes, remove them with a slotted spoon directly into a large bowl of ice and water to shock.  As soon as they are cold pull them out to drain in a colander.  Since I wanted to blanch the asparagus too I dropped them into the same water after bringing it back up to a boil.  I also used the same ice bath.  I boil fresh asparagus 1-2 minutes after breaking off the tough ends.

Ingredients for Green Salad with Asparagus, Eggs, and Tomatoes:

6 Washed and dried Romaine leaves
4 green onions
1 carrot
2 radishes
6 blanched stalks of blanched asparagus
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
2 hard cooked eggs
Dressing of your choice
Croutons, optional

Shred the lettuce between two salad plates.  Top with sliced green onion, diced carrot, sliced radishes, and halved cherry tomatoes.  Cut the stalks of blanched asparagus in 1" pieces saving the ends for the top of the salad.  Quarter the eggs and place them around the asparagus. 

Serve with your favorite dressing and croutons if desired.  Serves two.

1 comment:

Angela Schofield said...

I thank for your time of this wonderful blog read about cleaning!!! I definitely enjoy every little bit of it and subscribed to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!

End of lease cleaning Sydney
BBQ cleaning