Translate

2/10/14

Tuna Salad Dinner Salad

Usually I make tuna salad the way Mother did at home and I love it that way!  But, with Brian home sick I have to make a "real" breakfast and lunch for him.  (I just grab something as I go by usually!)

So today when we finally got home from the pharmacy and the doctor's office he wanted lunch.  Gee, I thought?  He needs vegetables and protein is good too. (He has already eaten all of the soup that was on hand.) He loves salad so I made up a "Tuna salad salad."

Ingredients for Tuna Salad Dinner Salad:

1 family size pouch of vacuum packed light tuna
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
1 large tomato
3 hard cooked eggs, chopped
2 large stalks celery, diced
1/3 C. chopped sweet pickles or relish
2 green onions sliced thin
1-1/4 C. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
black pepper

Wash and drain the half head of lettuce and cut it in half.  Shred each half and scatter across each of two dinner plates.  Wash and core the tomato and cut it in half.  Slice each portion onto the perimeter of the lettuce covered plates.

Empty the tuna into a medium mixing bowl.  Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.  Mound onto the center of each platter and sprinkle with black pepper.  Yield 2 servings.

Refrigerate any remaining tuna for another day.  This filling would also make a dandy tuna sandwich!

No comments: