Translate

7/31/14

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Garden

Brian came into the kitchen as I was flitting around with something or another.....he asked if I had seen the half eaten tomato up in the big Dogwood tree? (Big as Dogwoods go.) As I looked at him in disbelief he repeated that there was a half eaten ripe and juicy tomato lodged between the limbs out front in the Dogwood tree.

I looked at him in disbelief wondering if he was "pranking" me.  But then he seemed serious.  We went straight out the front door and to the tree and it was right there!  Big as life a fat red tomato wedged into the branches half eaten just as he had said.

Alas, by the time I got to the house and grabbed the camera the breeze, or gravity, or maybe the squirrel I suspect put it there had knocked it to the ground. 

This was not a small tomato, not a cherry tomato but a full sized 3" tomato!  I keep trying to imagine just how a squirrel, the suspect, got it from the vine, across the yard, up the tree, and wedged between the branches?  A funny thing happened on the way to the garden.

No comments: