Translate

7/10/14

Fresh Garden Stir Fry, Easy Summer One Pot Meal

Yesterday morning early I went to the garden as I often do, before the sun heats up the day.  I was pleased to find a couple of hand fulls of Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans ready for picking.  That set me to thinking they might prove to be a great basis for a stir fry using the package of pork loin I recently cut and froze for just such am occasion.  So.....I scavenged my vegetable drawers and found plenty of fresh produce to round off a one pot stir fry supper.

One item of note is that I like to French cut fresh sugar snap peas and green beans when using them in stir fry or risotto.  If you do not have a French bean cutter you simply slice the beans and peas once or twice LENGTHWISE and then cut into about 2" portions.  Also I cut the carrots into 2" lengths and slice to form large matchsticks.

Ingredients for Fresh Garden Stir Fry:

1-1 1/2 pounds sliced pork suitable for stir fry (Substitute and protein you have on hand.)
1 1/2 T. cornstarch
1/4 C. olive oil
1 bunch sliced green onions
1 diced red onion
 1-2 diced cloves fresh garlic
2 T. fresh grated ginger
pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 C. soy sauce divided
1/4 t. black pepper
1 1/2 C. green beans, French cut
1 1/2 C. sugar snap peas, French cut
2 C. carrots cut in match sticks
1/2 head shredded fresh cabbage
1/4 C. water or stock

Place the sliced pork in a seal able  plastic bag or bowl.  Add 2 T. of the soy sauce, the black pepper,  and the cornstarch and mix well.  Heat the oil in a wok or large flat bottomed pan over high heat. 






Add the meat and stir fry 4-5 minutes until browned. 

Add the carrots, peas, and beans and continue to stir for 3-4 minutes.  Add the ginger, garlic, onions, red pepper flakes, 2 T. soy sauce, and cabbage.  Fry another 3-4 minutes and add the water.

Reduce to medium heat and cover to steam for 4-5 minutes.  Vegetables should be tender crisp.  Serve and pass the soy sauce.  Yield 3-4 servings.


1 comment:

Myrna said...

Looks good. I get so tired of stir fries that are chicken. Nice to use up all of those veggies. I am going to try this soon, thanks.