Translate

8/23/11

Candy Apple Cookies (WOW, ARE THESE GOOD!!)

Candy Apple Cookie Recipe
Last week when I traveled to Joe Englebrecht's Orchard I was reminded that the new seasons apples are here and fall is upon us. Last year I tried a new variety of apple called an Arkansas Black and dehydrated some of them for winter use. I have just enough of them left to make the 1 cup needed for this batch of cookies.

I have no clue where the recipe came from, who gave it too me??? But, I have had it for a lot of years and it is a really great cookie. I rank it in my top 5 favorites. I would be surprised if you didn't agree!!

Here is the recipe:

1/2 C. soft butter
1/2 C. shortening
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 C. flour
2 t. cinnamon
2 t. cream of tarter
1 t. soda
3/4 t. salt
1/2 C. old fashioned oats
1 pkg. Heath bar chips or Almond Brickle ( or crush 12 double Heath candy bars)
1 C. snipped dried apples

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. 

Beat butter, shortening, sugar, and eggs until they are mixed well. Stir together the dry ingredients and then mix them into the butter mixture until it is well combined. Add the candy chips and apple incorporating everything. 

Spoon by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake 8-10 minutes. They will be light in color and NOT set in the middle when you remove them from the oven. Do Not over bake. Let them set on the baking tray for a few minutes before removing them to cool.

Ooooppps!! You caught me......


No comments: