Translate

8/18/11

Kidney Bean Salad, an old time standby!!

My Mother made Kidney Bean Salad and served it up on a hot summer day ice cold. Boy was it good. So, today when Brian called to say he was bringing home fried chicken for supper I knew it would be the perfect side to make for our diner tonight.

He loves Kidney Bean Salad too and he really likes those "Fridge Pickles" I have been making so I think I will use them and the onions along with them in this salad. 

Ingredients:

2 cans dark red kidney beans drained
4 hard cooked eggs quartered and sliced
3 ribs celery diced
1/3 c. chopped pickle
2 T. finely diced sweet onion
3/4 -1 C. miracle whip salad dressing
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

Stir everything together in a medium sized bowl until well blended. Taste and correct the seasoning.
Chill well and serve ice cold on a chilled lettuce leaf.

No comments: