Translate

8/5/11

Chocolate Chip Crisps

I love thin, buttery, crispie chocolate chip cookies and so I modify the recipe by adding additional brown sugar and using extra large eggs instead of large eggs. This along with pure butter and Tahitian vanilla make for my favorite cookie.
Ingredients:
4 1/2 C. King Arthur all purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
Sift the above dry ingredients all together in a large bowl and set aside for now.

1 pound of soft butter (4 sticks)
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 3/4 C. firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 T. plus 1 t. Tahitian vanilla
4 extra large eggs
4 C. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Ghirardelli)
2 C. chopped walnuts optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and like baking sheets with parchment paper.
Beat the butter and both sugars at medium speed until creamy. Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time. Mix at low speed until well combined.
Add half of the dry ingredients and mix at low speed. Add the second half again beating at low speed until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and the nuts and stir well.
Drop by teaspoonfulls onto prepared pans and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and let stand 2-3 minutes before removing to racks to cool fully. Yields approx. 8 dozen cookies.

* Note I have listed and used the brands I prefer. You will have success with you favorite brands I am sure, these are just what I prefer and use.

**Note, I order the Tahitian Vanilla from the King Arthur catalog or on line at their website. My local grocery carries the flour and chocolate.














No comments: