Translate

8/9/11

Freezer Slaw

Freshly cut cabbages from our garden makes for delicious slaw this winter.
I am going to have to get busy and cook something I haven't already posted for you!! But right now I am cleaning up the garden and making freezer slaw for this winter.

My recipe for freezing slaw was originally posted 6/26/10. You can pull it up by title, Freezer Slaw, in the finder box or click on preserving and scroll down until you come to it.


These are new enhancements I am thrilled to have had installed thanks to my son Joel and Google.


This recipe uses 25% less sugar than some I have seen currently posted and I use a bit of red and green bell pepper also, but that is optional. Remember to leave about a half inch or so head space when freezing to allow for expansion.

No comments: