Translate

6/21/13

Money Saving Tip for Buying Spices.

Wonderful, wonderful spices at bargain prices.
Today I again went to one of the local Asian markets and was again astonished at the savings!  I had used the last of my sesame seeds in the Asian Slaw last week and I was almost to the bottom of the whole cloves with all of the hams I have made this spring.  I am getting ready to make several homemade mustard recipes and so I had several items to look for.

We have 2 Asian markets and I have had equal success with both, it is just who is closer to where I am at the time I think to go!!  The fresh produce is also a bargain.

Today I purchased 3.2 ounces of whole cloves for $2.99
                               7.   ounces of ground cumin       1.99
                               7.   ounces sesame seed              1.59
                               7.   ounces mustard powder        2.39

I guarantee I would have payed way way more and gotten way way less at the local big box grocery.
So if you are fortunate enough to have an Asian market in your area I encourage you to check it out!
You may find savings too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love searching through Asian and Indian grocery stores, it has expanded my food knowledge. My favourite region at the moment is North Africa, I just love the spices and flavours of Morrocan food. My son has become an expert at cooking Indian food, my family are really enjoying our travels through the food world.