Translate

4/16/11

Juice for my soul.

Since I am having a time of it this week I got out the Breville Juice Extractor and got myself juicing again. Today is the third straight day and I think the fog might be lifting. I intend to keep it up a while and see if it doesn't help at any rate.
It also seems to me that it is probably the only way we could possibly get 5-7 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables in each day. Otherwise we probably only get in 3. I started out this week with my old standby, probably because I almost always have all of the ingredients.
Parsley, about 1/4 th of a bunch (I ran out of this the second day)
6 carrots
4 stalks celery
4 apples
1/2 beet
Wash it and chunk it to fit the feed tube and let go with it. This yields enough for 2 servings. Drink and refresh yourself. Some people prefer to mix this 50/50 with carbonated water but we just drink it as is.
I would love to hear of some other combinations people use and would love to try something new if anyone has any suggertions.

No comments: